Thursday, May 5, 2011

"One Night In Green Bay" draft cover

I am working toward self-publishing two of my children's novels as ebooks. But first I thought I might learn the ropes with something smaller, say a short story. That way I can get use to what is required for the larger works and I can resolve most of the many issues that will arise. I want my work to look as professional as to be indistinguishable from a larger publisher.

So I selected a silly little story that was first published as a winner in Janet Fox's Killer Frog Contest. I own the rights again so let's put it out on Amazon at .99 and see what happens.

One of the first things I needed is a great cover. Here is my first draft of a concept I really liked. Take a look. Tell me what you think. Does it get your interest? Does it make you curious as to what the story might be about? (I've been told the secondary title gives away too much, but I think it would attract the kind of reader that might enjoy the story.) Would you buy this for .99? Would you tell your friends to buy this story?


No comments:

Post a Comment