Tuesday, July 10, 2012

New Story Online! "Godzilla Takes A Vacation"

Just up to today is my latest tiny gem for NECON Ebooks.

My regular readers will know the name of online publishing house, NECON Ebooks. They host a monthly writing contest where they post a theme and you have 100 words with which to tell your story. Each month it's different. Each month it's fast, it's fun, and challenging. The winners are published online and stay up until the next contest winners are announced.

I have landed a place on their website a number of times now. So much so it seems I'm almost becoming a fixture there. Check out how Matt Bechtel, Production Manager for NECON Ebooks, began his email to tell me I was awarded an Honorable Mention in this month's contest.
Some constants in life are reassuring ... you know, like the sun rising in the east, setting in the west, and the quality of your submissions ...  :-)
Now that will certainly put a smile on your face in the middle of the day. They like me, they really like me. Now if they were only a paying market.... but that's asking a lot for 100 words.

Check out the winners of this month's theme, Classic Movie Monsters, and my favorite "Godzilla Takes A Vacation". Come on, you had to know I'd write about my favorite actor. It's at http://neconebooks.com/flash.htm for the month of July.

And while your there, check out their ebook "Best of 2011 Flash Fiction Anthology". Only $2.99. You'll be surprised at the depth and variety 100 words can bring.... with a little imagination. I've got a few in there as well. http://neconebooks.com/BestOf2011FlashFiction.htm

Before you go, leave a comment below and tell me your favorite movie monster. I'll see how it stacks up against my guy. I'm not saying you can convince me but you can try.


Thanks for reading me.

No comments:

Post a Comment