Monday, March 5, 2012

Running from... Zombies!


I have never been a runner. I have never had the desire or the mindset to be a runner. I mean running for fun, who thought of that? Well the thought just never occurred to me. But when I saw this app I almost did, I almost wanted to became a runner, if only for the deadly thrill of it.

The most difficult part of running is the motivation, something I've already said I don't have. I never understood why someone would run in freezing cold temperatures or a thunderstorm or extreme heat. How is that healthy? And don't get me started on long distance runners. Crazy!

So what drives the runner? (Obviously no one because they're running. Ha!) What is their motivation? Is it exercise? Not good enough for me. There are plenty of ways to exercise that are more fun, and less painful. Is it for competition, training for a race? Whatever it is, how do they keep it day after day after day? I would need a lot of help.

Zombies, Run! is an app for IOS or Android that is part game, motivation to run. Seriously is there a better motivation to run than to get away from zombies? I watch The Walking Dead, I've written zombies stories, I know what they can do.

The game is simple. You lock the door, you hit the road, you push "Run." And suddenly...
"You’re Runner 5. Hundreds of lives are counting on you. You've got to help your base rebuild from the ruins of civilization by collecting critical supplies while avoiding roving zombie hordes. Can you save them and learn the truth about the zombie apocalypse?"
 According to the website instantly you hear them, they're all around you, coming for you. You have a mission, a task, a reason for your run. It might be to get supplies, it might be to scout, it might be to help survivors. But that's not all.
"You automatically collect items like medicine, batteries, and ammo while running - but when you're back home, who needs them more: the soldiers or the doctors? Which buildings need extra defenses? It’s up to you - and the bigger your base, the more missions you can play."
The app developers promise future integration to record distance, time, pace, and calories burned on all of your runs making it the complete package.

This game/app sounds like a lot of fun, if it wasn't for the running.

Check out the website at https://www.zombiesrungame.com/


Complete disclosure: I won't get a dime for recommending this game. I do so because it looks cooler than hell. BUT I do get a dime if you click  on one of my advertisers on this blog. Run away!

No comments:

Post a Comment