Thursday, January 19, 2012

Already 2012 is a Good Year - for UFOs!

As you may know I am an aficionado of the strange, the remarkable, the different, the kitschy, the just plain odd. Yesterday I was reading on one of my favorite webpages, The Huffington Post Weird News when I chanced upon an article by Lee Speigel "UFO Sightings Skyrocket Into 2012".

Lee reports that according to the Mutual UFO Network we are barely into the new year and UFO sightings are through the roof. Last year there 500 UFO sighting reports sent to their website for the entire month of January. So far in 2012 there were 233sightings in the first week alone. We are on a record breaking pace, people!

Now there was one notable exception that I am, well, I'm ashamed of. There have been sightings in all 50 states with the exception of 14. And Wisconsin is one of the non-reporting states!

I couldn't believe it, I didn't want to believe it, so I decided to do some checking on my own. What I found didn't make me happy.

A quick trip to www.latest-ufo-sightings.net shows you that the last reported Wisconsin sighting on their site was May14, 2011 over Milwaukee. (But they do have a traditional blurry film of it.)
At UFO Wisconsin you'll see that their last published report was April 14, 2010.
Over at Wisconsin UFO Sightings their last reported sighting was June 5, 2009.

What is going on here? Obviously nothing of interest to aliens.

Or is the lack of UFO sightings a by-product of the current recession? Have we been too busy with our noses to the grindstone that we don't look to the sky anymore?

Next time you're outside look up. Look hard, look long, or as long as you can stand in the frigid temperatures. If you see anything, let me know. And then tell the good people at Wisconsin UFO Sightings, UFO Wisconsin, and Latest UFO Sightings so they can update their websites.

one special note:
You may have noticed a new picture on the header of this blog. Tomorrow at noon (unless it gets cancelled by the snow emergency) I have to give a 10-10-20 presentation at my place of regular employment. If you don't know there are 10 presenters who each get 10 slides and 20seconds to talk about each one. This picture is my first slide. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment