Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Another win at the NECON Flash Fiction contest

Dear Bill,

It's deja vu all over again; of course, I sincerely hope you're not getting tired of reading letters like this one —

It is my pleasure to inform you that your story, "The Second Deadly Sin,"  has been awarded an Honorable Mention in the Necon E-Books October Flash Fiction Contest.  Your piece will be published on our web site at www.neconebooks.com/flash.htm by the end of the night, and will also be included in our end of the year Flash Fiction Anthology.

Having won a couple of months ago with a Halloween themed story I was intent on sitting this one out, trying to complete another project. But then the Friday before Halloween was Trick or Treats at my office for children of employees. There were buckets of candy stationed at various points around the building, one way too close to my desk. This year the turnout was low and those kids that did come barely made a dent in the amount of candy. I was able to sample a few, actually more than a few it turned out, of the bite-sized confections throughout the afternoon. It was during my sugar crash around 3:30 that this story presented itself to me. Polishing it up helped me stay awake.

The Flash Fiction Contest at NECON Ebooks is a great challenge. Every month they post a different topic and you have 100 words in which you tell your story. It is great practice and a lot of fun. I encourage all those interested in writing to give it a shot. 


My story "The Second Deadly Sin" is my 4th win with the contest. I think I'm getting a reputation there. Check it out. I hope you enjoy it. Now if you excuse me, I must find some chocolate...............

No comments:

Post a Comment