Tuesday, June 7, 2011

New Story Online at Necon Ebooks!

Good news today. My story "Quitting His Day Job" was given an Honorable Mention in Necon Ebooks May Flash Fiction Contest. The theme was Back To Nature and we only had 100 words in which we could tell our tale of the fantastic.

To be totally honest I had forgotten I wrote it having done over a lunchtime a few weeks ago. It was a very pleasant surprise to read the email from the editor today encouraging me quite strongly to enter again this month. I think I will. It's a fun exercise and great practice.

Some of you have asked me what process I go through when I write a story. Being a visual person I've decided to show you.


How did it turn out? You can read the final version here:
http://www.neconebooks.com/flash.htm

Or if you can wait until the end of the year it will be published in book form in their anthology wrap-up. By then I hope to have more than one story in it.

Keep reading, and most importantly, keep reading me. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment